Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quick update

Hello all. Sorry the post have been few and far between. We get internet about once a week for an hour, so if I'm scattered thats why. I have been learning a lot in the past couple of days and experienced some healing that I needed. When you are in Africa and you have nothing to distract you the Lord really starts dealing with you. I was talking to someone the other night about being on this journey of life and we were just talking about how so many times we want to be doing the next thing. Its like we keep looking to that next destination in life and pretty soon we have just missed the life that is right in front of us. This life is a journey not a destination. I am learning that daily.

Restoration has been so good for me. The Lord continues to restore me daily. I am working with three other college age girls and my heart grows for them daily. I can not picture doing this journey without them. It has really birthed a passion in me for working with college aged girls.

I am also overcoming my fear of mice...HA. Right I know...basically overcoming consists of me being able to fall asleep at night. Hopefully we have about gotten rid of them all, although I'm fairly positive one died under our cabin, or we just all stink pretty bad.

This week we will continue to prepare for camp and just continue to let the LORD deal with us so that we are ready to invest in kids and the teams coming. Our first team comes in on Saturday and then we will start camp that following Monday!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

love you berge

Ann Catherine said...

Are you not going to credit Aerosmith with that line? "Life's a journey, not a destination." You need to give credit where credit is due.

I miss you.

Amber said...

shut it AC

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.