Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Medical Team

So the medical team from Brookhills was with us last week. They were aaamazing. It was a mixture of young and older, just pretty much any stage of like over like 21 that you could think of. This made for a really great team. The devil was aware of this great team and was already scheming from the day they arrived. They came in on a Saturday night and one of the guys that works at the place I am staying was driving a lot of their luggage separately in his truck. Well he was on the road home and a car bumped him. So Hugo pulled over and got hit over the head with a gun and thrown in the back of his truck. He had been gone for quite some time and was not answering his phone so we were worried and praying by now. Then the guys stopped the truck and threw him out the back, he then proceeded to walk home. They stole his truck and all the luggage in the back, which was pretty much everyones personal luggage. Thankfully it was a medical team that we had there and they stitched his head up.

This did not stop the team. We were so thankful Hugo was alive after that. Then I ended up getting sick with a sinus infection or something almost all week. I did not get to go out with them until Mon. and then I was out for two days, then back out on Thursday and Friday. I was so disappointed, but so thankful that I finally got well enough to go out with them. The impact that a medical team can have is unbelievable. I mean I saw a baby come in that probably would have been dead the next day and they gave it an IV and brought her back to life. I heard doctors sharing the gospel with their patients. I was just amazed and thankful to be a part of it!

Here are some pics from the week:






1 comment:

Crystal Garcia said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found my blog. Can't wait til you come back to America...

I actually met Anne Jackson through this lady that goes Brookhills, Sophie Hudson. Sophie has popular blog too called boomama.net. Anne is really cool and constantly challenges me.